Martin Golle opened a saddlery and upholstery workshops in Neundorf near Plauen in 1927. He made harnesses for carriage and working horses. He was also involved in the new production and refurbishment of upholstered furniture.
the first advertising in the year 1927
The barracks that were built in the surrounding area at this time generated enough work and income for the saddlery.
This close degree of cooperation enabled him to survive the Great Depression and the Second World War.
It was not easy to develop the company in the face of the difficulties encountered in the post-war period.
His son Gottfried Golle took over as manager of the craftsman’s workshops on 1 January 1964. He is a master saddler and upholsterer. He and his wife Elfriede managed the company, which then had 10 employees.
Under the East German communist regime, strict constraints were deliberately imposed on any private company. It was almost impossible to expand the number of personnel, company premises or its financial base. Gottfried and Elfriede Golle’s two sons were both trainees at the company. Thomas Golle became a master upholsterer and Steffen Golle a master saddler and tarpaulin maker. The company made its first truck tarpaulins in 1958 and these items are the ones with the longest tradition in the current range of products.
The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 opened up new opportunities for the company.
Golle Zelte & Planen GmbH was founded on 1 July 1991 with Gottfried, Thomas and Steffen Golle as its managing directors. Work began on building a new production facility in Kopernikusstrasse in August of the same year.
This building was officially opened on 1 July 1992.
New products like tents, sunshades or sign writing and the rising number of employees meant that more space was required. A new business park was set up after the former barracks in the immediate vicinity were demolished. The company managers decided to construct another new building. The topping-out ceremony for the newly built company facility measuring 10,000 m² was held on 3 September 1997. This building houses a production hall, a metalworking shop, a washing bay for trucks, premises for renting tents, an administrative department and social amenity accommodation. Production in the 2nd company factory began in the spring of 1998.
The company has continued to grow over the past few years and the range of products has become even larger. We will try to continue to find new and creative ways so that our company is stable and growing. We also aim to strengthen the economy in our region by creating jobs and training places and preserved. Through the company's commitment in the areas of sports, culture, social welfare and religious institutions, we want to give impetus to revive the company.